The granary has been repainted using a traditional red dye, ”rödmylla”.

På svenska | Suomeksi

The Parish Granary

The parish granary used to have an important function in the old village society: in the case of a crop failure, the farmers could borrow seed at a low rate of interest. It was erected in 1825-26 and donated to the museum in 1991. The storehouse has three floors, which are retained in their original form.